- Begin by slowing down your breathing, until it is gentle, smooth, and soft. Let go of any tension in your body by relaxing your jaw, your shoulders, your fingertips, even your toes. Continue until you fell light, fresh, and free.
- Read the following verse slowly, savoring each word.
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you. (Psalm 63:2-3)
- Think of a place where you felt the presence of God in a real, tangible, and unsolicited way. This place brings you a feeling of peace, wholeness, joy, and mercy. You are free to be you, you are accepted for who you are, not what you do.
- Go to this place--this sanctuary--if you can. If you cannot physically visit this place, imagine that you are there. Bring to mind as many details about this place as you can. What do you see, smell, hear, or touch? Are you alone? Ar you with someone?
- Spend some time just being in this place. You have nothing to do. You have nothing to hide. If your mind begins to wander, gently return to your mind to this space.
- As you spend time in this place, what graces do you notice? How do you sense God's love in this place? What blessings can you take from this place to share with others?
- Give thanks to God for spending some time in this sanctuary. Amen.